As for tourism they announced today that travel and tourism was mostly flat or weak. But did feature a few specific situations.
- Ski Resorts bookings are up due to early season snowstorms.
- Consumers are shopping for deeply discounted travel packages.
- New York City Broadway theaters report weaker attendance.
- Cruise lines report strong 2010 bookings due to deep discounts.
- The number of tourists visiting Hawaii and Las Vegas are increasing.
- Seattle and Southern California occupancy rates are down.
You can read the full summary and the regional reports, click here.