APPRENTICE-TRIPS BY FAIRMONT
Luxury Hotel Group Invites Travelers to Take Home More Than Just a Photo on Their Next Vacation
TORONTO, February 2, 2010 - The need to acquire knowledge, perfect a new skill, or further a particular interest directly influences the choices we make and contributes to a happy and healthy lifestyle. But why let learning stop while on vacation? Travelers seeking inner fulfillment and a little self-improvement can check in with Apprentice-Trips by Fairmont, an innovative collection of experiential packages that help guests acquire a talent, brush up on a favorite hobby or just learn something new.
Consumer research from the Ypartnership, a global marketing communications agency specializing in travel, reveals that almost one out of every three affluent travelers now wants to learn a new skill or activity during a vacation, while a recent focus group of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts' most frequent guests indicates more than 70% of those surveyed want to get outdoors and participate in programming that includes a learning element.
In light of these findings, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts fashioned the Apprentice-Trips by Fairmont program. Whether it's learning a second language, following how a governmental bill becomes a law, appreciating how the nose affects the brain, or mastering the ancient art of falconry, Apprentice-Trips by Fairmont provide experiences that can transform that next vacation into a skill for life. Offerings include:
· The iconic Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is the perfect home base to discover the unique character of Quebec City. With the hotel's "Parlez-vous français?" French Immersion Package, travelers have an opportunity to learn or refine their French language skills while exploring one of North America's most dynamic and vibrant locales. Package includes seven nights accommodation in a Fairmont room, five private French courses with a local linguist (3 hours/day), daily buffet breakfast, a guided city tour in French, a tour of the historic Chateau in French, and a welcome delivery including a souvenir French book and fruit basket. Rates start from $435 CDN per night.
· Beer lovers can rejoice at The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston. The hotel has partnered with Samuel Adams to offer an exclusive brewery experience. In addition to overnight accommodation, the Samuel Adams Behind the Scene Boston Brewery Package includes a private tour of the brewery followed by a private tasting of Samuel Adams Boston Lager and limited edition beers in the brewery's barrel room. Guests then return to the hotel's celebrated Oak Room for a three-course beer-pairing dinner prepared by Chef Stefan Jarausch and hosted by a Samuel Adams beer expert. The package also includes an in-room Samuel Adams "Bucket of Cheer" amenity. Offered January-May and September-December, rates start at $429 USD per night.
· Admiring the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque across the creek from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr in Abu Dhabi, one can see that this city is overflowing with Arabic tradition and culture. In honor of Emirati heritage and the falcon, the national bird of the UAE, Fairmont Bab Al Bahr's Heritage Takes Flight package allows guests to learn more about traditional Bedouin beliefs while mastering the skill of Falconry. Package includes four nights of luxurious accommodation, two consecutive half-day falconry demonstrations and a tutorial, hands-on interaction under close supervision of the falconer, and a guided tour of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the largest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. This four-night package starts from AED 9,000 and bookings must be made 10 days in advance of arrival.
· According to the U.S. Constitution, only three steps are necessary for a bill to become law. The Fairmont Washington, D.C. will help you know the players and the process with the hotel's new How to Pass a Bill In Washington Package. The package includes: pre-arrival tips from a federally-registered lobbyist on how to craft your agenda, a suggested itinerary, overnight accommodation for two adults and two children, a welcome amenity of the U.S. Constitution or the Declaration of Independence and a mini American Flag. The How to Pass a Bill in Washington package starts from $209 USD per night on weekends and $399 USD through the week.
· At The Fairmont Monte Carlo in Monaco, learning "nose" no bounds thanks to the Magic of Aromachology. With this exclusive experience, guests learn the sense behind scents under the expert guidance of a master perfumer. From discovering exotic oils and a wide variety of aromatic techniques to finding out how and why perfumes and other scents affect our emotions and behaviors, fans all of things fragrant will not be disappointed. Full package inclusions consist of two nights accommodation, an aromachology workshop in the Galimard perfumery of Eze Village, a 60-minute aromatherapy massage for two at the Willow Stream spa, and daily buffet breakfast. Available year-round, rates start from _513 per night with a two-night minimum stay and seven-day advance booking required.
· The grass is greener at Fairmont with its new Tees to Greens experience offered at The Fairmont Banff Springs (summer) and Fairmont Scottsdale (winter). Perfect for golfers and green thumbs who've always wondered how world-class golf courses keep their grass healthy and ready for play, Tees to Greens provides an in-depth look at innovative landscaping measures such as grass maintenance, turf management, conservation practices, new technology, equipment and other trade secrets. Guests are taught useful on-course techniques such as the proper way to rake a bunker, how to repair ball marks, and how maintenance practices can affect game strategy. Not wanting it to be all work and no play, the package also includes nightly accommodation and one round of golf per person, per day. Available on weekends throughout the summer, rates at The Fairmont Banff Springs start from $799 CDN per person, per night. At Fairmont Scottsdale, pricing starts from $391 per person, per night through April 30, 2010.
· Montreal is not just a great city; it's an island city and a surfer's paradise! Adventurous guests looking for their next big challenge should forgo widely known haunts and catch a break riding Big Joe, the world's tallest standing wave, just minutes from downtown. With Surf's Up Montreal , Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth lets travelers in on one of the city's best-kept secrets. Hidden behind Habitat 67, three permanent waves in the St. Lawrence River give awesome thrills to all surfers, beginners and pros alike. Package includes two nights accommodation, one day of surfing lessons with a pro from Kayak Sans Frontières (KSF), where guests learn the basics of river surf at two locations in Montreal, surf equipment rental, daily buffet breakfast and a take-out snack to keep energy levels up. Available from May 31 - September 1, 2010, this two-night experience starts at $379 CDN per night. Valid only on Fridays and Saturdays.
· A visit to The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa should be on the agenda for oenophiles looking to further their appreciation of wine. With the resort's Sommelier Experiential Package, travelers get hands-on to fully discover the wines and locally inspired cuisine of this famous region, discover an assortment of sommelier secrets, and enjoy some expert tutelage on the next wave of up and coming wines. Package includes a signature wine and cheese amenity upon arrival, two nights accommodation in a suite, daily breakfast, VIP tour to Benziger Family Winery, wine-paired Chef's Tasting Menu dinner for two in the Michelin-star Santé, and a sommelier-led tour to two local wineries. Available through August 2010, rates for this two-night experience start at $1,235 USD. This package must be booked two weeks in advance of arrival and a deposit of $625 USD is required at the time of booking.
· At Fairmont's newest hotel in Vancouver, guests with a sweet tooth can bake their cake...and eat it too! At Fairmont Pacific Rim, baker wannabes can enroll in a private desserts class geared exclusively to their culinary level with the hotel's Sweet Designs Package. Offer includes a consultation call with the hotel's pastry chef, a tour of the scratch kitchen, four hours of private instruction in the pastry shop or climate-controlled chocolate shop, and a personalized chef's jacket. The icing on the cake? Guests take along their creations to enjoy at home. Priced at $299 CDN per person, reservations are required and can be made by calling the hotel's Catering Department at 604-695-5452. Room rates start from $229 CDN per night.
· When it comes to throwing the ultimate spa party, leave it in the hands of the experts at the Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club in Miami to do it with aplomb. This official girlfriends' headquarters has introduced a new Gal Pal offering to teach ladies how to create their own B.F.F. - Backrubs, Facials & Foot scrubs - Spa Night with interactive demonstrations from leading therapists. As part of this fun educational experience, guests get hands-on to learn proper massage, facial and exfoliating techniques and receive a take-home gal pal party pack that includes spa and smoothie recipes, a list of suggested BFF Spa Night themes and a box of angel cards. Out-of-town guests can turn their Gal Pal experience into a girlfriends' getaway with spacious rooms starting at $399 USD through April 14; $299 USD from April 15 through May 31; $179 USD from June 1 through September 30; and $299 USD from October 1 through December 19, 2010.
· Experience the architectural prowess of one of the Middle East's most dynamic cities with a package that combines the best of hospitality excellence and the soaring feats of the world's tallest building - Burj Khalifa. With Fairmont Dubai's new Fairmont City Towers package, guests enjoy a helicopter tour highlighting the newly debuted Burj Khalifa, the Palm Jumeirah and the history-rich Dubai Creek, followed by a lively discussion on the current building phenomena in Dubai with Jeffrey Roberts, editor of Middle East Architect magazine. While discussing the latest trends in the industry, including building sustainability and cultural projects in the region, guests will enjoy a private dinner in one of the hotel's recently refurbished penthouse suites. Package also includes two nights accommodation in a suite and admission for two to the 'At the Top' tour from level 124 of the Burj Khalifa. Priced at AED 5490++ (approximately $1,500 USD), this two-night package is valid through December 30, 2010.
Guests can visit http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/apprenticetrips for a full list of Apprentice-Trips by Fairmont experiences. All Apprentice-Trips by Fairmont packages are subject to availability, priced per room, per night, exclude taxes and are based on double occupancy unless noted otherwise. Prices quoted are in local currency. For reservations, please visit http://www.fairmont.com, call 1-800 441 1414 or contact your local travel professional.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
A leader in the global hospitality industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of 59 distinctive hotels, which includes iconic landmarks like The Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi and Canada's Fairmont Banff Springs and more than 20 new properties in development, including London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai re-opening next year following extensive restoration programs. Fairmont hotels are one-of-a-kind properties where sophisticated travelers can discover culturally rich experiences that are authentic to the destination. Situated in some of the most exclusive and pristine areas in the world, Fairmont is committed to responsible tourism and is an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with its award-winning Green Partnership program.
Fairmont is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 94 hotels worldwide under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded Residences, Estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.