The dramatic coast of the Italian island of Ponza. Thought to be the home of Circe, "The loveliest of all immortals", in Homer's Odyssey. Ponza is a two hour ferry ride from the port of Formia, which is an hour outside of Rome.
Travel & Leisure Magazine has published their 2012 WORLD'S BEST lists. Each year, for the past 17, T&L has released this list of what its readers think are the best travel destinations, hotels, and compaines in the world. It includes one of my favorites at position #49 on the Continential US Resorts list, Enchantment Resort in Sedona Arizona, seen above.
Some of the best from Sunday's newspaper travel sections. TB
- NY Times: Single in Chicago
- NY Times: On a Turkish Isle, Winds Tend the Vines
- NY Times: 36 Hours in Helsinki, Finland
- LA Times: London tips from a Londoner: Have a Games Plan
- Honolulu Star: When Illness strikes on holiday, be ready
- SF Gate: 5 places any John Steinbeck fan should visit
- Miami Herald: Getting beyond the beach: Caves, snakes, Hell's Gate - Antigua
- Miami Herald: Navigating the Caribbean by sea and by air
- Denver Post: 5 free things to do in Milwaukee included beer, of course
- Dallas Morning News: Tennessee's Rock City celebrates 80 years of natural beauty
- Dallas Morning News: Spend a summer chilling out in Traverse City, Michigan
Pink is always the color at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel on Waikiki Beach, Honolulu Hawaii. This beachfront table looks like the perfect spot for a cool tropical drink!
With high-profile air travel-related pet deaths causing an outcry among pet lovers, carriers including Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines have changed some policies for carrying animals on board. But that also means it can now be more difficult, complicated and expensive to fly with a pet, be it for a long-distance move or for a family vacation. More: www.ajc.com